Delegation and partnerships is how you manage a 6 figure business
For most of us, our main goal when starting our biz was to spend more time doing what we do best (and love to do most).
More and more entrepreneurs & solopreneurs are recognizing the need to spend more time perfecting their area of expertise and partnering with reputable managers that can take care of their administrative and business processes.
We know it’s scary to surrender some control; it requires a leap of faith sometimes and an attitude shift. You may feel uncomfortable at first, but if you don’t make the move you’ll be stuck at the same level year after year and your business won’t grow the way you dreamed it would. Take a close look inward at what’s holding you back.
Here’s a list of the most common concerns we hear from business owners about ‘letting go’:
- My reputation is everything. I worry about my customers and clients if I decide to outsource some work to someone else. What if they make a mistake that harms my reputation.
- Protecting my intellectual property and that of my clients. How do I keep my client’s information protected?
But here’s another way to look at it:
- You will have the ability to be laser-focused in your specialty: enhancing your credibility….and becoming more attractive to people that are looking for what you can offer them.
- Better efficiency in all your resources: people, time, money and energy because you and your team can focus on the primary purpose of your business and your unique talent – the things only you can do, while your management partner takes care of the rest. It’s a win-win for everyone.
So if you’re ready to take that leap of faith, here’s how to get started:
- Make a list of what diverts you from the main focus of your business. What’s draining you? Is it administrative tasks, technical support, lack of access to good, reliable resources, IT or something else?
- Start small and grow from there. Outsource a few tasks to see how it goes. Keep in mind that someone still needs to manage this process for you. The process may take some time and experimentation to perfect. Initially, it may seem that it’s taking more time than you’re saving. Learn from these early efforts and use them to craft systems suited your business growth and goals.
- Understand what your needs are and communicate them clearly to the outside specialist. Double-check that you understand each other, don’t make any assumptions, and put everything in writing so you can refer back to it.
Well, are you ready to do what you do best and outsource the rest? The move to outsourcing takes an attitude shift, some preparation and a learning curve, but at the end of it all you will emerge with a stronger focus on the primary purpose of your business. And it might just be the answer to taking your business to the next level and becoming a 6 figure business.