Am I dating myself if I mention this song by Fleetwood Mac from the 70’s? I was out for a power walk the other morning and played this song. It made me realize how applicable it was to not only this time of year but all year long. We’re starting a new year in our business and we need to think beyond how we’ve always done things in the past and ‘think about tomorrow’ and how we can do things better, faster and more efficiently.
Smart business owners know that continuously improving the way we do things is the key to ongoing success. Here’s a list of things you could take a look at assessing for ways to improve:
- Do you need to overhaul your business process systems that are already in place
- Do you have up to date procedures and SOP’s your team can use that give your clients the exceptional results they demand
- Have you updated your business and marketing plan for 2014 and added some more effective targets to get you to where you want to be; whether it be higher end clients, or more prosperous financial returns
- Do you even have a 2014 business plan & marketing plan?
- Have you implemented the lessons you learned from your 2013 program? Implementing the changes ongoing as you move through 2014 will ensure you are continually improving.